Welcome to a gaming group who's been tested by the sands of time. Doesn't matter if the game comes in FPS, TPS, RPG, or RTS, the Brotherhood leaves a wake of broken bodies and shattered souls. Look for us at the top of the scoreboards.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

NPC CITIZENS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
g047r4p3r
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: NPC CITIZENS   Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:32 pm

Rejoice fellow citizens of Siegecraft, I have found a stable mod that implements the use of shop keeps such as traders and blacksmiths, healers and wizards, and of course, outlaws out in the world that want to kill you, a.k.a. pirates. The shops cost money to start, and you must add a buying price and selling price to the shop keep for each item. Then you must stock your shopkeep with goods.

I will use the example for Sannta's new settlement. I placed a blacksmith and a trader in the town, the trader will sell items a little higher than reasonable. This allows sannta to create his own npcs that sell items at a price of his choosing. So what's the benefit of my NPCs? unlimited supply of the goods they sell. Hey, you pay for good service. Please only make traders for now, until I get the other bugs working, and the blacksmith in town is fine the way he is, there is no need for another.

Here are the commands:

/npc create [name] (id)
- This will create an npc with the specified name and the numerical id. I recommend using numbers, the trader in sannta's town William was the first bot made, so his id is 0. The blacksmith Shamus was the second one made, so his id is 1. And so on...

Here is a general command list, keep in mind that the syntax might be different, but more often than not the mod will tell you in the console what to type. It took me 5 minutes to master the system.

/citizens save
- If you do not save your citizens, they will not be saved when the server resets, and you will lose your inventory and the npc. So save often!

/toggle help
- Obviously a help list to guide your through the process.

/npc select id
- For William, I must type /npc select 0, because his id number is 0.

/npc help
- another really useful help panel for that specific NPC. Usually it shows their career options.

/toggle [career]
- Currently healer, trader, wizard, and blacksmith are working. For now, I would prefer people only made traders. If you want a blacksmith or healer, I can create them myself, but they have to be managed by me, and very limited in number.

/npc setowner
- This is an obvious command.

Others:

TO INTERACT WITH YOUR NPCs, LEFT CLICK FOR NORMAL USAGE, RIGHT CLICK FOR ADMIN SETUP

Blacksmith Nodes
• /blacksmith help
• /blacksmith status

Healer Nodes
• /healer help
• /healer status
• /healer levelup

Trader Nodes
**YOU CANNOT, FOR SOME REASON, BUY FROM YOUR OWN TRADER. YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY FROM THE NPC WORKING FOR JAMESTOWN, AND I WILL HAVE TO BUY FROM YOUR TRADER. ADMINS CAN USE OTHER CAREERS, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF TRADER.

• /trader help
• /trader money
• /trader list
• /trader money [give|take] [amount]
• /trader unlimited
• /trader [buy|sell]
• /trader clear

Wizard Nodes
• /wizard help
• /wizard status
• /wizard locations
• /wizard mode